When you’ve got a new pool or have one in the works, it can seem like the fun is just around the corner. And it is, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t know how to take care of your brand new waterside oasis from the start. You don’t want to make a mistake that could require expensive repairs! Here’s a quick look at some swimming pool care tips for new Rochester pool owners.
- Read. The. Manual. I know, I know, it’s really boring and is some of that even English? But by at least giving the manual a solid skim, you’ll have a better idea of whether your aunt really can wear a t-shirt in your brand new oasis or if no dogs allowed really means no dogs allowed.
- Draw up a rough schedule. No, no, not the schedule of when skinny dipping is okay, but your maintenance schedule. Using the manual, figure out how often you need to test, shock, or treat your pool, as well as items like filter cleaning and similar issues.
- Stick to the schedule. If it helps to have reminders on your calendar, go for it, whether it’s digital, an overall maintenance schedule, or your wall calendar at home. By keeping within the schedule, you’ll always know when your pool is ready to go and when it needs work.
- Get the right tools. Whatever you need to complete your regular, routine pool maintenance, make a kit and keep it in your pool house so that you know that you have everything you need and your 14-year-old didn’t run off with your 10mm socket – again.
- Add accessories as needed. Do you need a cover, a floating thermometer, 18 skimmers, and a slide? Not necessarily. Take your time to figure out what you actually need versus what works for you versus what you want, then budget as you go.
These basics will get you through a lot of what you need to know, but if you have questions about how to take care of a new pool or need swimming pool care tips, JBC Pools in Rochester is always ready to help. Please feel free to reach out today with any questions, for more details on our lineup of amazing in-ground pools, or to get an estimate on your dream oasis.